Petes in partnership with Emterra Environmental Announce Try Hockey Equipment DriveThe Peterborough hockey community is being urged to donate new or used hockey equipment toTry Hockey Equipment Drive presented by the Petes in partnership withEmterra Environmental, which is coming to Peterborough Memorial Centre (151 Lansdowne St. E.) on Friday, December 17 and Saturday, December 18 from 9am to 5pm.
Any families with hockey equipment can visit the donation site located in the South-East side of the PMC parking lot. All COVID-19 protocols will be in place upon equipment collection, including mask wearing and physical distancing.
- Who: Peterborough Petes, Emterra Environmental & the Peterborough hockey community
- What: COVID-safe hockey equipment donation
- Where: Peterborough Memorial Centre (151 Lansdowne St. E., Peterborough)
- When: Friday, December 17, 2021 from 9am to 5pm and Saturday, December 17, 2021 from 9am to 5pm
- Why: To collect and donate equipment used for Try Hockey initiatives by the Peterborough Petes
The Petes in partnership with Emterra Environmental will be collecting equipment with the purpose of using it for future free hockey initiatives that seek to reduce financial and social barriers to joining the game of hockey.
“The Petes are excited to work alongside Emterra Environmental on this initiative and future Try Hockey programming in order to make the sport we love more accessible to the Peterborough community,” said Petes Director of Marketing and Growth, Shelbi Kilcollins.
Requested equipment donations include skates, elbow pads, shin pads, shoulder pads, helmets, pants, sticks, bags, and goalie equipment. There is not a need for undergarments, jerseys, socks, jocks/jills, or neck guards.