Please review the following information from the City of Peterborough regarding POV requirements as of Nov 26th 2021.
As a reminder we are approaching November 26th which is the date the Peterborough Public Health Letter of Instruction regarding proof of vaccination (POV) requirements for ALL persons 12+ entering facilities used for sport and recreational fitness activities will take effect. On this date, it will mean that everyone 12 years of age and older (including active participants) will need to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a medical exemption, and personal identification each time they enter any PPH region facility.
Over the past few weeks, PPH has received several questions about the implementation of this Instruction, and we are sharing some of these with you:
- Is there a grace period for people who are soon to turn 12?
- Are there any religious or human rights exemptions allowed?
- Will people from out of town be required to follow these rules?
- Yes. As of November 26th, ALL persons 12 years of age and older (including active participants) will need to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a medical exemption, and personal identification each time they enter a facility. There are many Health Units across Ontario who have a similar requirement, but not all. This means you will have athletes and spectators from other areas in Ontario trying to gain entry to your facility who may not be aware of the requirements here. Please ensure your sporting groups/teams are clearly communicating this enhanced requirement for the Peterborough Public Health area.
- What is PPH doing to get the word out about this enhanced requirement?
PPH issued a press release on October 15th when the Letter of Instruction was released and have promoted this through social media. This was provided in an email from the Arena Division on Oct 20th, 2021.
- PPH will be doing a promotion campaign starting next week in the lead up to November 26th and will also be doing reminders after the effective date.
- PPH will issue a press release on November 26th.
Please reinforce this instruction and requirements to your users to ensure their awareness prior to the implementation date on the 26th, we will be ensuring our security contractor and staff responsible for POV checks request this from applicable youth groups.
Arena Division Customer Service
City of Peterborough
705-742-7777 ext. 2577