The PGHA is excited to announce that tryouts will take place this year for our rep programming.
Every player attending tryouts for the PGHA MUST purchase a tryout passport, you will not be able to tryout if you do not have one. A tryout passport is seperate from the registration you completed in RAMP.
We will begin the tryout process AFTER
Labour Day weekend on Tuesday September 7th.
Tryouts will look a little different this year with COVID protocols still in place and a smaller number of skaters permitted on the ice for each session.
With this in mind, please indicate EACH level you intend to try out for on the Tryout Passport Form. The PGHA requires you to complete the form indicating ALL levels you will be skating at (AA, A, BB, B).
- If you plan to start tryouts at AA, select all of the levels.
- If you plan to start tryouts at A, select all levels except AA.
- If you plan to start tryouts at BB, select BB and B.
- If you are only trying out for B, only select B.
The PGHA will generate tryout lists, based on your responses, so please be sure to indicate the correct level. Please do not select a level if you are not attending that tryout.
Please be mindful of the level of play you were at previously as we move forward with tryouts.
Tryout Passport Registration closes on September 1st, 2021, and payment must be received by that date.
- If you played for the PGHA in the 2020-2021 season, you MUST be registered in RAMP.
- If you played for another centre in 2020-2021, you MUST have a paper copy of the PERMISSION TO SKATE form with you at your first tryout. PERMISSION TO SKATE forms can be obtained from your home centre.
Those with a PERMISSION TO SKATE form must purchase a tryout passport and make payment by the deadline as well. NO cash or sign-ups will be permitted on site.
Players from other centres without a Permission to Skate Form WILL NOT be permitted on the ice.
The PGHA Import Policy is in effect with a maximum of THREE import players per AA team. Those who have tried out from another centre for an AA team and are unsuccessful at making an AA team, will be required to return to their home centre if A programming is available in their home centre. (Please refer to the Import Policy on the PGHA website for details on this policy).
Just to recap, groupings will be made from the indicated levels chosen as you register, and if you do not choose a certain level, you will not be permitted to skate in those sessions.
Good luck at tryouts, we can’t wait to see you on the ice!