The PGHA is pleased to be able to offer a Novice Rep program for the 2019-2020 season in accordance with OWHA and the new Hockey Canada guidelines.
"How a player gets that first taste of hockey is crucial".
The Fundamental stages of Hockey Canada's Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) Model serves as the foundation upon which the entire hockey association is built. Youngsters ar every level of play benefit from getting the "right start" in the game and it is crucial in building the skills of house league and competitive players alike. Children learn through participating in practice drills and informal modified games which forms the basis of Long-Term Player Development (LTPD).
The goals and objectives of Initiation and Novice hockey programming are to:
- Teach all of the basic skills of hockey so players can enjoy the game
- Assist in the development and enhancement of physical literacy and basic motor patterns
- Develop and encourage the concepts of being a team member through player participation in both on-ice and off-ice activities
- Encourage the aspects of fitness, fair play and co-operation while having fun playing the game
- Age-Appropriate-Designed practice and game play that is appropriate to the age, size and skill level of the participant
For more information on this new program please visit the following website:
OWHA Novice Program